I have been a Realtor with RE/MAX Alliance in Louisville, Colorado since 2003. I have tried many different ways of connecting and finding new Clients over my career. Generic newsletters, trinket mailers, calendars, cold calls, leads groups, and I could go on and on. I know you’re all very familiar with all of the “old-school” methods used by Realtors over the years to meet and connect with new customers.
In September, 2009 I started recording videos on my back deck and posting them on YouTube. My first videos were very low tech–you can hear the wind blowing in some of the videos. I then started recording them in my home office using a web cam—-again very low tech.
Every year since 2009 I always connect with at least 8-10 Buyers who are looking to move to Colorado since my niche is Relocation. And every year I close at least 3-5 Buyers who initially watched my YouTube video and then decided they wanted me to be their Realtor. The average sales price for these transactions are in the $400,000 range.
I just closed on a home yesterday with some Buyers from CA. The wife found my website online and watched one of my videos and then they got in touch with me. Very simple.
I feel like I am one of the few people out there in the world of real estate agent training banging the drum on YouTube Videos. If you want to increase your business then you HAVE to start recording them. I talk about doing videos in my book as well.
I know you can still generate leads and make contacts with new clients through traditional methods and I do these as well.
Here are the reasons why YouTube Videos are the best tool for Realtors to connect with new Clients:
1. It’s FREE. Yes, it costs no money. All of you have a video camera on your phone and on your computer or laptop.
2. It’s FREE!! I want you to remember this the next time you get a call or email from a company promising you “Hot Leads.” We have Buyers!! We have Sellers!! Yes, but how much does it cost you?
3. YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web. Everyone watches YouTube nowadays.
4. YouTube videos are portable and easily watched on mobile devices and tablets.
5. You can embed your video from YouTube into your Blog or Web page–very easily. (I have a number of videos I have embedded on my website)
6. YouTube works 24 x 7. Once you upload your videos to YouTube they are on the web all the time. This is a great tool to connect with new Clients because it’s always working for you—while you’re sleeping, while you’re working out at the gym, going to a yoga class, while you’re on vacation—I just love this aspect of YouTube videos. Put the work in up front creating good content, record it and then it’s working for you all the time. Awesome!!!
7. Your videos are online forever. (As long you follow the guidelines for YouTube). I am connecting with clients from videos I did back in 2009. Very cool!!!
8. Being a successful Realtor is a relationship business. Videos show so much more of you than the written word.
9. Once new customers approach me after watching me on a video they want to work with me. Our relationships are very strong as a result of this.
10. YouTube videos are a great way to set yourself apart from your competition by adding value to your potential clients with strong content. The ability to build a niche library of videos for your potential clients is endless.
So, what are you waiting for? What are the reasons why you are not doing a YouTube video? I am sorry but there are no valid reasons why you should not be doing it.